Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Guide to the Sea Coast

Please don’t take this the wrong way. I’m sort of writing because I have to in order to avoid a telling-off. I think it will take a while to get into this blog-writing. No offence to any bloggers but I can never quite understand why people would want to stuff their lives into a few paragraphs and share them with anybody and I understand less why somebody might want to read them. We’ll just have to assume that the only people who will give this a glance have some vague interest in what we might have to say and therefore I must try to provide them (you) with something. This is the last Thursday of June in a week that keeps lolloping between explicitly summery days and gloomy non-starters.
I’m listening to the more tragic moments of Doris Day, that’s not the title of a collection by the way, but if it was, I would probably buy it.
I’m still vexed about the lack of theme for my personal page on our website, I’m not sure my out-dated ramblings are really up to scratch because they’re indistinguishable from this. Looking around my room at the sagging shelves, some sort of pishy book-review is the only idea that suggests itself and I don’t think I could stand myself if I did that. One of my friends kindly suggested I did some sort of nature diary but I think she is perceiving my recognition of five kinds of bird and having planted some flowers in her garden once as some kind of exaggerated knowledge of all things natural. And it would be dull. Leave it to the experts. Sometimes I think that when I’m playing the piano too.
This is the best time of year for me, the beautiful half-idle months between university semesters. It’s usually when we try and schedule most of our touring but we’re staying put because rehearsing the new songs is the priority this year. I think we’re all feeling a bit melancholy because of it. Although I feel slightly sick because I am getting my first proper holiday this year and I don’t quite feel I deserve it because there is so much work to do. The more free time you have, the more there is to waste.
by Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home